“A U.S. appeals court in New York on Thursday ruled that a U.S. law defining marriage as a union between a man and a woman unconstitutionally denies federal benefits to lawfully married same-sex couples.”
I don’t like them or you!
Why can’t I codify discrimination?
While my party strongly agrees there should be no government intrusion into our personal lives, this doesn’t apply to them, women, or wiretapping.
Use as basis for next press release:
Women’s Suffrage (Change subject line)
by Rev. Prof. H. M. Goodwin
New Englander and Yale review, Volume 43, Issue 179 (March 1884), pp. 193-213.
“AMONG the social questions now under discussion, none is more important or more freighted with principles and issues that outreach present consequences and take hold of the very life of society, than that of
Female Suffrage equal civil and marital rights.
And first, this reform signifies nothing less than a radical and revolutionary change in our whole social system….
2. The demand for woman suffrage is based upon a radically false theory of civil and political rights…..
3. The claim for woman suffrage rests upon a radically false conception of the relations and duties of the sexes….
4. The reform in question is a violation of woman’s truest and deepest instincts, and so is truly a “reform against nature…..”
5. Apart from all physical disqualification for the duties of government and the so-called right of suffrage—which is too obvious to dwell upon—there is one argument grounded in woman’s mental and moral constitution that is unanswerable. This is what may be termed the attraction of personality inseparable from her nature. Woman is nothing if not a respecter of persons. All questions to her are personal questions….
6. A last argument against woman suffrage is its practical consequences, or the evil results that will naturally follow such a social revolution. Only a few of these can be hinted at rather than described….
The family, too, is before civil government; and its constitutive idea, its organic unity, and its sacred interests, must not be sacrificed to it, or practically violated in blind obedience to a false theory of natural or individual rights.”
(Change date from 1884 to 2012).